Youth As Resources (YAR) wants to come to YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD and/or SCHOOL to give an overview of our grant program and to facilitate interactive peer-to-peer workshop’s and dialogues.
For example, we have been facilitating community conversations with young people across Baltimore. Community conversations are informal yet structured dialogues led by YAR youth focused on helping our peers to identify community problems, to analyze what causes the problems and to develop solutions to address these issues themselves.
Community conversation participants may decide to apply to YAR for funding to turn their ideas into action.
- Introduction to Youth As Resources/Icebreaker – overview of Youth As Resources—mission, goals, guidelines and process
- Leadership/Team building — interactive activities aimed to build strong teams and identify individual leadership styles and strengths within the team.
- Community Conversation - a series of discussions about community assets, problems, causes of problems and ways youth can develop strategies to address those causes
- Organizing Strategies/Direct Action Organizing – overview of strategies youth use to solve problems with the focus on analyzing how to get to the root causes of community problems by making demands (direct action). Includes power mapping.
- Turing your idea into a sustainable program, project and/or organization – youth will decide on a project idea based on the results of their community conversation
- Grant writing, communicating your idea and how it will make a difference Using the YAR application as a guide, youth will communicate their project idea in writing
- Grant writing continued, focus on the budget and evaluation – youth will learn how to develop a good, accurate budget that reflects the resources needed to carry out their idea as well as how to evaluate if their project was successful
- Adult ally training – tips for adults on how to guide from the side and encourage youth to use their power to make change
For more information and/or to schedule a time for Youth As Resources to come to your site, please call us at (443) 889 – 4868 or email email@example.com